Here's where you can find all the legal stuff about using the website, privacy and security - so please excuse the sudden formality!
If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which govern storyofmum's relationship with you in relation to this website. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
The terms 'storyofmum' or 'us' or 'we' refer to the originators of the storyofmum website. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- You must have the rights to any material that you submit to storyofmum. This means it must be all your own work. See FAQs for more information.
- The content of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- The information on the website is provided by storyofmum and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, storyofmum takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
storyofmum is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
storyofmum may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from September 7, 2010.
What we collect. We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Your children’s age/s
- Contact information in the form of an active email address
- Basic location: country and postcode describing where you are
What we do with the information we gather. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To understand what kinds of ‘stories’ are popular with which mums, and customize the website according to user interests.
- We may contact you via the email address you gave at time of registration to inform you of new ‘stories’ or submissions, or to ask your additional permission to use work you have uploaded, if we wish to publish your work somewhere other than on the storyofmum website.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect