- about us
- log in
Join our Mums Make Date: Twitter, 25 July
You and your mum-body are amazing. So come join us for a #somum Mums’ Make Date from 8.30 - 9.30pm BST (world times here) on 25 July! We’ll be chatting and sculpting. Well, more like squidging – there’s no pressure to be any good at it at all.
Just bring yourself, something squidgable, and some way to share a photo online. You could also bring a couple of pieces of paper or card to make a little 'gallery' for your creation...
YOUR BRAVERY CAN WIN you a treat for your feet!
Busy mum, nan, great gran, on your feet all day? No time to pamper those poor neglected tootsies...?
Well, the wonderful Pure Nuff Stuff, purveyors of delicious-smelling all-natural skincare products, are offering a Love Your Feet gift pack to one of our lovely Mum-bodies, (plus some cute tester sized Heavenly Feet Cream and Happy Nappy Cream for five runners-up...)
To enter the draw, all you have to do is upload a photo to the Love Mum Body gallery between midnight BST on 23 July 2012 and midnight BST on 25 July 2012. See rules below. And join story of mum here.
(If you've already uploaded a picture, just tweet us with the link to your pic adding #lovemumbody #somum during the same time period, and we'll add you to the draw too...)
Erm... what is a Mums' Make Date anyway?
This one will be yet another potentially disastrous experiment: a kind of ‘Twi-dough-dle’ where we attempt to blend tweeting and squidging play dough/plasticine/clay/blu-tac/whatever we can find…
Basically, we’ll chat and spur each other on to have a go at this month’s Love Mum Body activity - in the privacy of our own homes, live on twitter. We'll be sharing how our bodies have changed since becoming mums.
You don't have to make your boobs out of plasticine, you can simply share a grey hair or a wider smile, whatever feels right to you.
There are no hard and fast rules. You can take a photo of the 'real you' instead of squidging anything if you want.
In fact, you don’t have to make anything or share anything if you don’t want to. You can just chat.
You can even just hide and read what we’re tweeting. Until hopefully, you get an irresistible urge to tell us what you think... Because we really do want to hear what you think.
For me, this month's Love Mum Body theme has already been moving, inspiring, disturbing and surprising. Mums have shared pictures of their mum-bodies and their deepest feelings about them, both the good and the bad. In spite of the miracles they’ve given us, it can be so hard to love our mum-bodies.
Which is why, on 25 July, we want to share the love that our miraculous mum-bodies deserve, including those of us who can't love their mum-bodies just yet. Because celebrating all parts of our mumness is what story of mum is all about.
In the meantime, you might also like to check out a blog post or two about our wonderful mum bodies from the guest posts we’ve had so far:
- Duplicate accounts, automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries will be disqualified
- Winners will be chosen at random from all those uploading a picture of their Love Mum Body that fits the brief described here to this webpage between Midnight BST on 23 July 2012 to Midnight BST on 25 July 2012. Please note that you need to join the story of mum community in order to upload a picture.
- If you've already uploaded a picture to the Love Mum Body webpage as described above, please tweet @storyofmum with the link to your picture on the story of mum website between Midnight BST on 23 July 2012 to Midnight BST on 25 July 2012, adding #lovemumbody #somum to your tweet to be added to the draw.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition will run from Midnight BST on 23 July 2012 to Midnight BST on 25 July 2012 in Great Britain.
- story of mum is compliant with the data protection act. While we will share the twitter names of winners and links to the submitted Love Mum Body with great excitement, our policy is such that we will not pass on any other details to any third party without your prior consent.