- about us
- log in
Join our Mums' Make Date: Twitter, 22 August
No drawing skills required. Just bring yourself, some colourful pens/paints/crayons, a piece of paper or card, a pair of scissors, and some way to share a photo online. Use the #somum hashtag to find us at 8.30 BST and play along.
What are we up to this time?
This #somum Make Date, we're going to be making our very own Couch Coach.
We've talked a lot recently about our struggle to love our mum-bodies. To love ourselves. To change. Well, this month, let's share the words we most need to hear right now. Let's write them out, colour them in, and put them somewhere we relax / collapse / never see. Our couch.
If you had your own personal coach, what would you most want them to say to you today? It doesn't have to be body related. It's personal to you.
Can we win anything?
Yes! By sharing your Couch Coach photo here during the twitter party or any other time in August 2012, you don't have to rely on your sofa to tell you what you need to hear. You could win your very own real-life coach...
How often do you get to talk about what you want and need with someone who wants to help? Someone you're not responsible for and who won't judge you for what you say? Well, this month's prize is a one hour specialist coaching session by phone or Skype with Kirsten Hanlon of Mum and More (worth £40). Kirsten specialises in helping mums be the best they can be - through coaching and MumME Time retreats deep in the Cotswolds.
You can use your session with Kirsten to set some practical goals or talk about your fears. You can just have a moan or a nice chat. You don't have to talk about anything you don't want to. The point is, this will be YOUR time - an hour of being listened to that you can use however you want. Read Kirsten's story here.
This Mums' Make Date sounds a bit weird, have you ever done it before?
Our first two Make Dates were ‘Twidoodles’ (tweeting and doodling) which was hilarious (check out the posts on the Noodle Doodle and Museum of Mum tweet-ups). Last month, we attempted to blend tweeting and squidging play dough/plasticine/clay and it was ace!
The key thing is you don’t have to make anything or share anything if you don’t want to. You can just chat. If you want to make something, that's fabulous. We want to make something. We want to make your life better. We want to make you happier. And we want to make you see that you are beautiful and amazing and the best mum you can be.
Make it a date. Come get creative with us on Wednesday 22 August.
- Duplicate accounts, automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries will be disqualified
- Winners will be chosen at random from all those uploading a picture of their Couch Coach that fits the brief described here to this webpage between 10 August 2012 and midnight BST on 31 August 2012. Please note that you need to join the story of mum community in order to upload a picture.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition will run from 10 August 2012 and midnight BST on 31 August 2012 in Great Britain.
- story of mum is compliant with the data protection act. While we will share the twitter names of winners and links to the submitted Couch Coach with great excitement, we will not pass on any other details to any third party without your prior consent.
- If you don't want to enter the draw, that's absolutely fine. You can still take part in the Couch Coach activity and load up a photo, just contact us to let us know you don't want to be entered in the competition.